Do wireless bras give support? Definitely – they’ve been doing it for over 2000 years. In fact, the underwire bra was only invented in 1893 (1). Underwires, corsets, and such are often preferred for keeping large breasts from sagging, but they aren’t comfortable because they constrict, bind, poke, and squeeze. Meanwhile, the best wireless bras for a large bust offer freedom, comfort, and support. If you get a good fit, you might even forget that you’re wearing a bra.
- 1 What style of bra is best for a large bust?
- 2 How to measure for a wireless bra
- 3 Best Wireless Bras for a Large Bust in 2023
- 3.1 Playtex Women’s 18-Hour Active Lifestyle Full-Coverage Bra
- 3.2 Warner’s Women’s Cloud 9 Super Soft Wireless Comfort Bra
- 3.3 Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects Underarm-Smoothing Wireless T-Shirt Bra
- 3.4 SPANX Women’s Bra-Llelujah! Lightly Lined Full-Coverage Bra
- 3.5 Bali Comfort Revolution Wireless Bra
- 3.6 Champion Spot Comfort Sports Bra
- 3.7 Rosa Faia Women’s Seamless Wireless Bra
- 3.8 DELIMIRA Women’s Wireless Plus-Size Lace Bra
- 4 Conclusion
What style of bra is best for a large bust?
When shopping for a wireless bra, there are several features to consider if you want to be comfortable and still have good support.
- Start with the cups. Do they have enough coverage to prevent spilling? Are they lined? Do they have removable padding?
- Next, look at the straps – are they adjustable? Are they wide? (Wide straps distribute the weight and won’t dig into the skin).
- What kind of fabric is the bra made of? Is it stretchy or firm, moisture-wicking and breathable? Can it be machine-washed?
- Look at the closure – is it a traditional hook and loop, a zipper, or is it a pull-on bra? Is the closure in the front or the back? (Although hook and loop can be annoying, it’s more adjustable).
- Does it have a wide or narrow band at the bottom? Wide bands are less likely to ride up but may roll up.
Of course, getting the right fit is crucial. You might be tempted to grab your old bra and use that size to pick a new one. Don’t do it—sizes differ between brands and even manufacturers change things up. It’s better to take new measurements before shopping and save the hassle of having to make returns.
How to measure for a wireless bra
You’ll need a fabric measuring tape for the most accurate results. You may also try using a string and holding it against a yardstick or a metal measuring tape.
Start by wrapping the tape around the chest directly below the breasts. Round up to the nearest whole number (if it’s 34 and three quarters, round up to 35). If it’s an even number, add 4 inches. If it’s an odd number, add 5. This gives you the band size.
Now, wrap the tape around the fullest part of the chest right over the nipples. Subtract the band size from this number. So, your math so far may look like: 35 plus 5 equals 40 (band size). Then, 46 (over the nipples) minus 40 equals 6. What does the “6” mean?
This last number helps you determine your cup size. A 1-inch difference would be an A-cup. Two inches is a B cup. Six inches is an F cup, also known as DDD.
However, this method may not result in a perfect fit. You may have to go down a cup size and up a band size or vice versa depending on the brand or style of the bra.
We’ve done the research to help you find the best wireless bras. Check out our top picks below:
|The best wireless bras for large busts||Why we love them|
|Playtex Women's 18-Hour Active Lifestyle Full-Coverage Bra||
|Warner's Women's Cloud 9 Super Soft Wireless Comfort Bra||
|Warner's Women's No Side Effects Underarm-Smoothing Wireless T-Shirt Bra||
|SPANX Women's Bra-Llelujah! Lightly Lined Full-Coverage Bra||
|Bali Comfort Revolution Wireless Bra||
|Champion Spot Comfort Sports Bra||
|Rosa Faia Women’s Seamless Wireless Bra||
|DELIMIRA Women's Wireless Plus-Size Lace Bra||
Best Wireless Bras for a Large Bust in 2023
Playtex Women’s 18-Hour Active Lifestyle Full-Coverage Bra
Playtex makes some of the most affordable wireless bras for big busts. We love the 18-hour bra that comes in sizes up to 46DDD. It’s adjustable, breathable, and doesn’t have tags that make your back itch.
The fabric is a blend of polyester, cotton, nylon, and spandex. It wicks away sweat and lets your babies breathe, but it’s firm enough to keep them in check. It’s also probably safe to toss in the washing machine, but we highly recommend using a mesh bag, mild detergent, and the delicate cycle. Once you find a bra this comfortable, we’re certain you’ll want to keep it in top condition.
Not only the material is helpful, but so is the design. The adjustable bra straps are wide enough to keep from digging into the skin and slipping off the shoulder. The cups are nice and round to prevent spillage, plus the bra has high sides for better coverage.
The bra runs true to size, which means that women with cup sizes larger than DDD are not going to be happy with it. The color choices are limited, too.
- Sizes up to 46DDD
- Wide, adjustable straps and soft band with 4-coverage cups
- Tag-free, breathable fabric
- Few color choices
Warner’s Women’s Cloud 9 Super Soft Wireless Comfort Bra
Warner also makes some of the best wireless support bras for large breasts. The Cloud 9 bra is perfect as long as you don’t need anything larger than a 40D.
The sleek fabric is 88% polyester, 12% elastane, and it’s machine-washable. The bra feels very lightweight, hence its name. It’s also quite smooth, making it disappear under T-shirts. The light padding in the cups prevents nipples from showing through thin fabric.
We love the straps that adjust in the front instead of the back so there’s no need to take off the bra to add a little lift. Sadly, the hook and eye closure is in the back.
- Sizes up to 40D
- Good t-shirt bra with lightweight, sleek fabric and lightly padded cups
- Straps adjust in the front
- Few color choices
Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects Underarm-Smoothing Wireless T-Shirt Bra
If you’re tired of slide spillage and rolls on your rib cage, check out the best wireless bra for lift and side support. Unlike the Cloud 9 bra above, it has side-smoothing panels with no elastic. They keep bulges under control, which is great news if you wear sleeveless tops.
On the same theme of keeping things under wraps, the cups are foam-lined for extra lift and discretion. We’re not sure how many ladies with large breasts want the extra padding, however.
On the bright side, the straps adjust in the front. Also, this bra is machine-washable. It comes in sizes up to 40C.
- Excellent for preventing side spillage, perfect for underneath tank tops
- Sizes up to 40C
- No cup sizes larger than C
SPANX Women’s Bra-Llelujah! Lightly Lined Full-Coverage Bra
Just like the famous Spanx leggings, this brand’s bra also provides compression. It smooths the back while uplifting the breasts.
In order to get the correct fit, the manufacturer recommends sizing one band size down and one cup size up. This is crucial as the straps are not adjustable. We repeat – you cannot adjust the straps, so if the bra doesn’t fit right, send it back.
The fabric is 72% nylon, 28% spandex, which means must be hand-washed and air-dried. It comes in sizes up to 38C.
- Back-smoothing bra with compression
- Lifts and shapes
- Sizes up to 38C
- The straps cannot be adjusted
- Must be hand-washed
Bali Comfort Revolution Wireless Bra
There are several reasons why women love this full-coverage bra. First, it comes in sizes up to 42DD. Even in the biggest sizes, it prevents back spillage and side-boobs.
Second, it shapes and smooths with stretchy, ultra-thin foam cups and side and back support. What’s more, the adjustable straps don’t slip down the shoulders. Unfortunately, some reviewers say that the comfortable bottom band sometimes rides up.
The patented fabric is called Cool Comfort because it wicks moisture away from the skin. It’s a blend of nylon and spandex that stretches but also maintains control. It comes in many different colors and textures, but all of them are hand-wash only.
Lastly, the bra is flat-seamed and the edges are fused so that it’s nearly invisible underneath a T-shirt.
- Sizes up to 42DD in a variety of colors and patterns
- Flat seams and fused edges make the bra disappear under clothing
- Smooths the back and sides
- Moisture-wicking fabric
- Hand-wash only
Champion Spot Comfort Sports Bra
Many women with large busts turn to sports bras for adequate support. This often leads to a uni-boob appearance but at least it eliminates bounce. Happily, Champion’s sports bra somehow manages to separate the breasts while securing them with molded cups.
It’s also well-ventilated with mesh in the center, along the neckline, and the gel-lined straps. The Double-Dry technology moves moisture away from the skin, too. Nevertheless, reviewers say the bra doesn’t dry quickly.
The bra is available in sizes up to 42DDD, plus it’s machine-washable.
- Sizes up to 42DDD
- Shapes and separates breasts while providing maximum support
- Gel-lined straps and mesh ventilation
- Not as quick-drying as we hoped
Rosa Faia Women’s Seamless Wireless Bra
This is one of the wireless bras with larger sizes, up to an F cup to a maximum of 48C. Most bras with larger sizes larger than that probably have an underwire.
What’s interesting is that the seamless cups are double-layered so that the silky microfiber fabric provides enough support and lift. Also, the larger the cup size, the wider the straps.
The bra is available in calming shades like desert beige, dark blue, charcoal, and warm brown.
- Sizes up to 48C and cups up to F in sizes smaller than that
- As the cup size goes up, so does the width of the strap
- Seamless cups with silky microfiber fabric shape and lift
- Various colors available
- Silky material is best for warmer weather
DELIMIRA Women’s Wireless Plus-Size Lace Bra
Reviewers with fibrocystic breasts are enthusiastic about this bra because it’s soft and fits like a glove without pinching or itching. The cotton/elastane blend is extra soft and gentle on the skin, preventing rashes, too. No wonder many women use it as a sleep bra.
What’s more, it’s available in various colors in sizes up to 52E. The wide, adjustable straps are nice and sturdy and the underband is padded elastic so that you forget you’re even wearing a bra at all.
- Sizes up to 52E in various colors
- Cotton/elastane blend is soft on sensitive skin
- Wide straps relieve pressure on the shoulders
- Unlined, which is comfortable, but doesn’t hide perkies
No, you don’t have to wear an underwire, and you’re not limited to sports bras if you have a large bust. There are many comfortable and affordable wireless bras with good lift and support.
We hope our reviews helped you find what you need today. If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below.
1. https://www.vogue.com/article/history-of-the-bra-vanity-fair-lingerie The True History of the Ultimate Wardrobe Essential—Your Bra, published March 11, 2019