For everyone who decides to take advantage of the warmer weather and take to running, running shorts are a must-have. Choosing the Best Running Shorts for Women can directly translate to a successful, comfortable run that would not get cut short based on discomfort, chafing, or wardrobe malfunctioning.
Therefore, it’s advisable to be on the lookout for the best shorts for running. We have created a comprehensive list of such products in today’s market. Check them out below.
|The best running shorts for women||Why we love them|
|BMJL Women’s Running Shorts Elastic High Waisted Shorts||
|Under Armour Women’s Play Up 3.0 Shorts||
|Amazon Essentials Women’s Brushed Tech Stretch Short||
|XIEERDUO Women’s Running, Workout Shorts with Mesh Liner Zipper Pockets||
|IUGA High Waisted Workout Shorts with Pockets for Women||
|Will Women’s Yoga Lounge Shorts Hiking Active Running Workout Shorts||
|BALEAF Women’s High Waist Running Gym Compression Spandex Shorts||
|Blevonh Women’s 2 in1 Running Athletic Workout Yoga Shorts||
|Nike Women’s Dry 10K Running Shorts||
- 1 Should Running Shorts be Loose or Tight?
- 2 Best Running Shorts for Women in 2022
- 2.1 BMJL Women’s Running Shorts Elastic High Waisted Shorts
- 2.2 Under Armour Women’s Play Up 3.0 Shorts
- 2.3 Amazon Essentials Women’s Brushed Tech Stretch Short
- 2.4 XIEERDUO Women’s Running, Workout Shorts with Mesh Liner Zipper Pockets
- 2.5 IUGA High Waisted Workout Shorts with Pockets for Women
- 2.6 Will Women’s Yoga Lounge Shorts Hiking Active Running Workout Shorts
- 2.7 BALEAF Women’s High Waist Running Gym Compression Spandex Shorts
- 2.8 Blevonh Women’s 2 in1 Running Athletic Workout Yoga Shorts
- 2.9 Nike Women’s Dry 10K Running Shorts
- 3 Conclusion
Should Running Shorts be Loose or Tight?
It depends on your preference. There are compression-type running shorts that stick tightly to your body. It’s believed that these types help provide muscle support and offer the best flexibility. However, loose-fitting types are of equal significance, especially the ones with great design. They will minimize chafing and offer the needed support. Therefore, choose as you prefer.
Best Running Shorts for Women in 2022
BMJL Women’s Running Shorts Elastic High Waisted Shorts
BMJL women’s shorts are perfect for running, walking, cycling, fitness, and any workouts, including dancing, hiking, and daily wear. It allows for adequate legroom and has a sweat-wicking feature with the ability to dry when wet quickly.
- Made from a combination of 5% Spandex and 95% Polyester
- Designed with perfect Elastic closure
- Perfectly accommodates machine wash and won’t shrink in the process
- It is smooth on the skin, soft, comfortable, and breathable
- Offers a relaxed fit at the booty area for an easier fitting of different bodylines
- It is very roomy and not for those who like close-fit shorts
- It can be revealing; you may need to layer up before wearing it
Under Armour Women’s Play Up 3.0 Shorts
They are new and modern go-to shorts. They are light and gentle on the body with stretchy features. The waistband is super comfy and is designed with essential and convenient side hand pockets.
- An imported, 100% Polyester running short
- With an elastic waistband and perfect elastic closure
- Anti-pill finish with convenient side hand pockets that add extra durability
- Lightweight, soft knit construction that delivers superior breathability and comfort
- Designed with material composure that wicks sweat and dries fast
- Pockets are not deep enough
- Heavier items will bounce in the pocket
Amazon Essentials Women’s Brushed Tech Stretch Short
Here’s an essential from Amazon that keeps you moving from time to time once you step out the door. You will find these shorts and other matching attire from the same designer at affordable prices and with quality in mind. These shorts are your go-to pal whenever you’re out jogging or running.
- Made from a combination of 88% Polyester and 12% Spandex
- Designed with Drawstring closure for customized convenience
- It will pass for machine wash and won’t shrink or wrinkle
- Designed to sit just below the belly button conveniently
- Made from lightweight, soft, moisture-wicking jersey fabric with brushed back
- Drawstrings are slightly bulky
- Pockets won’t secure heavy items such as your smartphones
XIEERDUO Women’s Running, Workout Shorts with Mesh Liner Zipper Pockets
Made from a unique woven fabric that’s quick-drying and moisture-wicking. It’s lightweight and designed to keep you cool and focused all the time while you are on the move. It features a well-made inseam, elastic waistbands, and zipper pockets to keep your carry-able belongings safe.
- Made of Polyester of about 95% and 5% Spandex
- Combines both elastic and drawstring closure for versatility
- Soft, 4-way-stretch fabric, which is lightweight and dries quickly
- Provides you with more focus on your workouts through its superior breathability
- Two side zipper pockets are deep enough to prevent falling out when holding your phones, keys, and cards
- The elastic band becomes loose after a while of use
- Drawstring is also a bit bulky for feminine shorts
IUGA High Waisted Workout Shorts with Pockets for Women
Everyone who loves to run and participate in workout sessions needs a go-to pair of shorts. That’s where IUGA High waisted workout shorts come to play. It’s short with a breathable fabric that’s comfortable for workout purposes and keeps you cool. You will love the way they feel and look.
- A lifestyle brand that combines comfort, style, and performance
- High-quality active-wear is affordable and accessible
- Designed with tummy control and a high-rise waistband
- Perfect for everyday athleisure and fitness enthusiasts
- Provides two large side pockets for items such as cards and cell phones and a hidden inner pocket
- Not for you if you don’t like tight-fitted shorts
- Press items placed in the pocket against the skin, which can sometimes be uncomfortable
Will Women’s Yoga Lounge Shorts Hiking Active Running Workout Shorts
With a flat and wide waistband and a wicking fabric, this Women’s Willit short is one of the best in today’s market. It offers enough cover, comfort, and full-range motion for hiking and running pleasure.
- A woman’s running short of a material combination of 20% Spandex and 80% Nylon
- Designed to keep you from getting chilled and damp while hiking or lounging
- Ultra-soft, stretch, and the lightweight fabric wicks moisture away from your skin
- A wide, comfy waistband stays put into, ensuring all-day comfort
- Hand pockets hold small items such as a key, cash, card, etc.
- Pockets can only hold small essential items
- The elastic band is wide
BALEAF Women’s High Waist Running Gym Compression Spandex Shorts
These BALEAF shorts feature a slip-free, high-rise, and tummy-flattering waistband. It also features stylish chafe-free flatlock seams with 5″ by 7″ by 8″ side pockets that are generously big enough to hold your keys, phones, and other items you may need while on the run.
- Made up of 13% Spandex and 87% Polyester
- Moisture-wicking, stretchy, and breathable fabric provides moderate compression
- High-rise, wide waistband that creates no muffin top
- The waistband provides maximum coverage while stretching and bending
- Longer inseams provide ample coverage as you move your body from one pose to another
- Tight on the skin and may fold up after a while of exercise
- The pocket is small and will reveal lengthy items such as your smartphone
Blevonh Women’s 2 in1 Running Athletic Workout Yoga Shorts
Blevonh women running shorts are very comfy and perfect for summer runs. They come with a perfect mix of styles and a wide color range. They will make you look stylish, slim, and cute, and you can expect them to deliver optimal breathability and sweat-wicking comfort. When professionals design a product, you know you’re in for the best. That’s the case with these Blevonh running shorts.
- Made of 90% Polyester, 10% Spandex making it a fast dry and light fabric short
- A casual summer shorts that keep you cool when working out
- Does not dig into the skin while it remains stretchy and loose enough to be comfortable
- These shorts aren’t too tight or too big or too long
- The underlayer is tight enough to keep you covered and will not ride up
- Not long enough for those with long legs
Nike Women’s Dry 10K Running Shorts
From a well-known, top-notch brand, you may not need to research so much about these shorts. The brand name speaks for it. You can expect nothing short of the best from the Nike women running shorts. With an elastic waistband that securely fits and allows any type of movement, you’re in for an awesome sports session.
- Women’s Nike running shorts allow you to stay cool and calm as you move through your running route
- Made of sweat-wicking material that prevents irritation by keeping you dry
- Has a thoughtful design that offers comfortable wear without distracting you
- Designed with Mesh insets to provide enhanced and durable breathability
- A curved hem and three inches in-seam provide a natural motion range
- Very slight compression
We have compiled this curated list of the Best Running Shorts for Women. Our goal is to help you find the product you need quickly without going through the stress of spending so much before finding the perfect short. So, go through the list and choose the one or two products you consider ideal for your needs.