We want to help you find the best jean shorts for thick thighs. It doesn’t matter whether you want the kind of shorts that make legs look thinner or wide leg shorts for big thighs that feel comfy–we found all sorts of denim shorts you’re going to love.
When someone has thicc thighs, it’s hard to find a perfect fit. It seems like either shorts gap at the waist or they dig into the legs. There’s a secret to buying denim shorts for big thighs and a small waist. It has three names: spandex, Lycra, or elastane. You can also call it stretch. It makes everything from cut-offs to Bermuda shorts feel like a second skin.
The same magic fabric also makes up the best jean shorts for tummy control. This kind of jean shorts has a high-rise waist, too.
- 1 How to get the best jean shorts for big thighs
- 2 What kind of jean shorts look good on thick thighs?
- 3 Best Jean Shorts for Thick Thighs in 2023
- 3.1 Lee Women’s Relaxed-Fit Bermuda Short
- 3.2 Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women’s Mid-Rise Shorts
- 3.3 MODARANI Cut-Off Denim Shorts
- 3.4 Gloria Vanderbilt Women’s High-Rise Pleated Short
- 3.5 ALLEGRACE Ripped Denim Shorts
- 3.6 YOCUR Lightweight Baggy Drawstring Shorts
- 3.7 ONLYSHE Casual Drawstring Shorts
- 3.8 olrain Womens Distressed Jean Shorts
- 3.9 Terra & Sky Medium Wash Plus-Size Bermuda Shorts
- 4 Conclusion
How to get the best jean shorts for big thighs
Before you shop, take your measurements. Please don’t go off your pants size or the tag in an old pair of jeans unless you don’t mind doing exchanges. Save time and effort with a measuring tape.
- Measure around your natural waist near the belly button.
- Next, check the widest part of the hips.
- Then measure the length of your inseam from the crotch to the knee or the part of the thigh where you want the shorts to hit.
- Lastly, wrap the tape around the thigh at the thickest part.
Now you’re ready to compare your measurements with a size chart to find the best fit.
What kind of jean shorts look good on thick thighs?
The consensus is that mid-length shorts look best on big thighs because they are flattering on everyone. But don’t let that limit you. Society needs to learn to stop body shaming people. We think you ought to wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident.
With that said, if you choose shorts with a high waist, they not only slim your silhouette but they are less likely to gap at the waistline.
Take a look at these cool and comfortable denim shorts below:
|The best jean shorts for thick thighs||Why we love them|
|Lee Women's Relaxed-Fit Bermuda Short||
|Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women's Mid-Rise Shorts||
|MODARANI Cut-Off Denim Shorts||
|Gloria Vanderbilt Women's High-Rise Pleated Short||
|ALLEGRACE Ripped Denim Shorts||
|YOCUR Lightweight Baggy Drawstring Shorts||
|ONLYSHE Casual Drawstring Shorts||
|olrain Womens High Waist Distressed Jean Shorts||
|Terra & Sky Medium Wash Plus-Size Bermuda Shorts||
Best Jean Shorts for Thick Thighs in 2023
Lee Women’s Relaxed-Fit Bermuda Short
It doesn’t matter if you are pear or apple-shaped, these denim shorts are oh-so-comfortable. They are made from a breathable cotton-spandex blend that hugs curves and moves with your body naturally.
The bermuda style is knee-length for most women (convenient for hiding cellulite). That means they have a ten-inch inseam and are shorter than skimmers and longer than mid-length shorts.
With a relaxed fit, they have room in the seat and are cut straight through the thigh without tapering. (Therefore, they look boxy on skinny thighs.) The waist is mid-rise just at or below the belly button.
Thankfully, they are machine-washable and come in a variety of colors, finishes, and washes. Choose from sizes 4 through 18.
- Knee-length jean shorts with a mid-rise waist
- Cotton-spandex blend is breathable and stretchy
- Available in different colors, washes, and finishes in sizes 4-18
- Not many plus sizes
Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women’s Mid-Rise Shorts
Curvy women love Levi’s stretchy denim. With a pair of shorts like these, you don’t need to settle for a baggy bottom to accomodate big thighs. They are made from a cotton-polyester-elastane blend that moves with you.
The shorts have a 4.5-inch inseam so they hit about mid-thigh. It’s a flattering look. You might even size down because they are so stretchy. In any case, they are available in sizes from 2 to 24.
Reviewers say the shorts fit their waists without gapping and are the perfect length. They like how they fit the thighs so well.
Choose from three colors.
- Classic denim mid-thigh shorts
- Stretchy cotton blend available in three colors
- Hug curves without pinching or gapping
- Sizes from 2 to 24
- 5-inch inseam
- Simple, not fancy–if you want a distressed look or exotic colors, they aren’t here
MODARANI Cut-Off Denim Shorts
How about a nice cool pair of cut-offs? These distressed denim shorts come in a wide selection of colors and sizes from small to XXL (38.9-inch waist). The average total length (not the inseam) is about 12 inches.
They sport a mid-rise waist that hits near the belly button. But what we love is the frayed hem and the sexy little slits on the side. Thankfully, they cover the bottom completely and all the pockets are actually useful.
The lightweight, stretchy fabric is a cotton/poly blend with a touch of spandex. It makes the shorts hug curves without feeling binding. It also makes the shorts machine-washable – although they can’t go in the dryer.
- Wide variety of colors in sizes from small to XXL
- Distressed look with frayed hems and side slits
- Full-coverage bottom and mid-rise waist
- Five real pockets, zip fly, and button closure
- Stretchy lightweight fabric is machine-washable
- Short–not quite mid-thigh
Gloria Vanderbilt Women’s High-Rise Pleated Short
Were you looking for the best jean shorts for tummy control? Here they are. They are flattering with a high-rise waist and pleated front.
The 6-inch inseam lets them hit mid-thigh. Then, the leg opening is 24-inches and the fabric is stretchy, so the shorts are perfect for big thighs. And they even have usable pockets.
As you might expect from this brand, these fashionable safari-style shorts go well with either blouses or T-shirts. They come in various color washes.
- Mid-thigh jean shorts with tummy control
- Flattering pleated front and high-rise waist
- 6-inch inseam and 24-inch leg opening
- Available in various color washes
- The front pockets are usable but a little small for a smartphone
ALLEGRACE Ripped Denim Shorts
You know what we hate? Wedgies. They happen all the time to people with thick thighs. No one should have to pull down their shorts all the time to be comfortable. This pair solves the problem with the right fit and stretchable fabric. They are made for plus sizes between 12 and 26.
What’s more, they are cute! Choose from either short or longer styles. The short pair has a 5-inch inseam while the Bermuda version reaches the knees. All are available in different rinses and distressed looks.
Reviewers say the shorts hug curves and are extra-comfy. They don’t ride up and the elastic waist means they can be worn lower or higher according to preference. (They are designed with a high waist).
Other highlights include soft and breathable material and usable pockets.
- Made for curvy women in sizes from 12 to 26
- Light and comfortable, with breathable, stretchable fabric
- High waist and made so they don’t ride up
- Usable pockets
- Various colors and styles available
- No sizes under 12-plus
YOCUR Lightweight Baggy Drawstring Shorts
Women are saying that these shorts are ideal for hot summers. They look great on thick thighs. With a drawstring closure, they have an adjustable fit, too.
The fabric is a cool and breathable cotton/linen blend. No worries–it’s machine-washable. However, please line-dry the shorts so they don’t shrink. They don’t have any spandex and don’t stretch.
They come in sizes from extra-small to XXL. Be sure to take your measurements first because the size chart is very specific. For example, the inseam on the small size is 3.50 inches but it’s 4 inches on the XXL.
- Perfect for hot summers
- Cotton/linen blend is machine-washable
- Sizes from XS to XXL
- Drawstring closure allows for an adjustable fit
- Not stretchy
ONLYSHE Casual Drawstring Shorts
If you have thick thighs, what are the magic words you look for when buying shorts? How about loose legs? No, not baggy legs. These are utility shorts with cargo pockets, but they are stretchy instead of saggy. They feature an elastic mid-rise waist and drawstring for an adjustable fit.
Moreover, the fabric is a cotton/poly blend with spandex to fit a curvy body just right. It’s not exactly pure denim, but who cares when there are three dozen colors and patterns available. The hardest part will be deciding how many pairs to get!
They come in sizes from small to XXL. The only downside is that they must be hung to dry although they are machine-washable.
- Lightweight, stretchy shorts with cargo pockets and and elastic waist with drawstring
- Three dozen colors and patterns available
- Sizes from small to XXL
- Cannot be dried in the dryer
olrain Womens Distressed Jean Shorts
My grandmother thinks that ripped shorts are a waste of money. I laugh and tell her that it’s just more ventilation on a hot day.
These distressed denim shorts are attractive and perfect for big thighs. They have just enough stretch that you might even size down.
They have a high waist and a cute cuffed hem, plus actual pockets. Choose from various styles in sizes from 4 to 16.
- Stretchy denim shorts with a high waist
- Various distressed styles and washes
- Usable pockets
- Sizes from 4 to 16
- May fade–use cold water
Terra & Sky Medium Wash Plus-Size Bermuda Shorts
Short and curvy women sometimes struggle to find shorts that fit. If that describes you, try these denim Bermuda shorts. They are snug where they are supposed to be without looking baggy. Reviewers say they are comfortable and flattering.
There’s no zipper or button closure. These are pull-on shorts that come to just above the knee. The soft and stretchy material is primarily cotton for good breathability, but it also has polyester and spandex for durability and a better fit.
The only thing we struggled with is the paucity of pockets. There are two fake ones on the front and two small ones on the back.
- Pull-on denim bermuda shorts with an elastic waist
- Snug and not baggy, but also not too tight on thick thighs
- Breathable, comfortable fabric is machine-washable
- No front pockets
We hope our reviews helped you find the best denim shorts for thick thighs today. It was a lot of fun shopping for jean shorts and we were happy to find so many styles with a comfortable fit.
If you love your new shorts, tell us about them. Your comment below may be exactly what someone needs to make a decision.